Experiments in finding financial freedom

Pages

(C) All Rights Reserved. The Million Dollar Lab | Free blogger templates Designed by SkinPress.com

Kevin On Sunday, February 21, 2010
In my last post I mentioned that I am in the process of building a business. At this stage it is a part time venture and I am looking forward to building it up over the next twelve months.

I am going into Property Management for residential rentals, this is something I have experience in through managing my own properties and helping out with some friends' properties.

What I've Been Working On
Recently I have been working on my logo design, website design, etc... Mainly the fun creative side of building a business; coming up with a name, and then building that name into a brand.

I'm not particularly good at the design side of things and I have had to get a lot of help to do things properly. In my search for helpful providers of these services, I have stumbled onto something of a gold mine called Elance.

Outsourcing The Easy Way
Elance is like Trademe or Ebay but dealing only in services. You post a job and people who provide the services you need bid for that job.  It is then easy to go through the bids and choose the provider who you think best suits your needs.

There are Elancers all over the world and there is always someone who can do your job. The biggest benefit of Elance is the price things can be done for: webdesign for $12-$15/hr, logo and corporate image for $140.00, or a virtual assistant for $10/hr (Prices in USDollars).

So far I have found the quality of the providers I have used to be fantastic. These people are efficient; I have posted jobs at 8.30pm NZ time and bids are waiting for approval 15 minutes later. The jobs progress faster than I can keep up with.  Sometimes I've felt bad for not getting the next set of instructions through quick enough!

Get Stuff Done Faster
We all live in a very busy world and if you have a project that needs doing, Elance is a fantastic way to call in some extra help.

Today anything is possible; if you can dream it, you can build it. Use the tools around you and work smarter not harder.

1 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

Great post! Will check it out thanks and all the best for your business venture. Depending on what happens with Onerahi in the future, you might have yourself a client :)

Post a Comment